Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Yet few of us really do anything about it until we face a life-threatening challenge.
Reiki, an ancient Japanese hands on or hands off alternative medicine and holistic body therapy, is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- More balanced energy.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Improved concentration.
- Feelings of well-being and peace.
- Greater confidence and optimism.
Reiki classes and training allow individuals from all walks of life to take control of their lives by engaging them in self-healing.
Bodywork, CCT, acupressure, and Reiki can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork (in which clients remain in loose comfortable clothing) can:
Alleviate and improve range of motion. low-back pain
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for and shorten maternity hospital stays. expectant mothers
- Ease medication dependence
- Ease grief, life transitions and highly emotional life changes.
Help release entrenched patterns.
- Enhance by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system. immunity
Help athletes/performers of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts and performances. athletes performers
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Enhance mental attitude.
- Improve flow.
- Reduce postsurgery healing time.
- Reduce allergies and infections.
- Help release tension and contracted, overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids - feel good chemicals - that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine and headache pain.
- Help relieve fibromyalgia.
- Bring nurturing comfort and greater feelings of well-being.
Body work, as with any therapeutic treatment, involves a willingness to seek ongoing support. It is an investment in one self, short term and long term.